The Ultimate Solution for Laser Material Processing
Universal’s XLS product family represents the pinnacle of laser material processing solutions, delivering unparalleled performance and the ultimate in flexibility, accuracy, productivity and safety. With its modular design architecture, your company can create the optimal DLMPTM (Digital Laser Material Processing) system to meet the most demanding application needs for a variety of environments—from research and development to prototyping and manufacturing. Accessories like SuperSpeed increase vector and raster performance even further.
Laser Technology Benefits
- Software Controlled – The laser can be controlled by any software with a print function.
- Multi-Material – Process an endless number of materials available today and in the future.
- Multi-Process – Cut, engrave, mark, and produce photo images in one step.
- Non Contact – Modify material without applying any physical force.
- On Demand – Produce everything you need in real time, without waiting for hard tooling.
Uniquely Universal Features
Universal Laser Systems is an innovator in the field of laser engraving, laser cutting and laser marking equipment. The laser material processing systems ULS manufacture are the product of decades of experience and a commitment to research and development. ULS laser systems deliver everything you have come to expect from a high quality product—including excellent precision, performance and reliability—but they also offer several exclusive features unique to Universal. These patented, proven laser processing innovations were designed to make laser processing more effective, productive and profitable. And you can only get them from Universal Laser Systems.
ULR Laser Sources
Universal’s patented air-cooled free-space gas slab lasers produce an excellent quality beam with even power distribution and good near and far-field characteristics, making them ideal for laser material processing.
High Power Density Focusing Optics™
High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO) allow the laser beam to be focused to a much smaller spot, making it possible to engrave smaller text and produce sharper images at tighter tolerances.
This materials-based driver automatically determines the optimum processing settings for your target material. Just select the material type, enter the material thickness, and start the laser system.
1-Touch Laser Photo™
1-Touch Laser Photo is a proprietary software package that makes it quick and easy to produce photographic images on nearly any material. Download 30-day Free Trial
Rapid Reconfiguration™ of Lasers
Dual Laser Configuration
The Dual Laser Configuration optically combines two ULS laser sources into a single beam for additional power and flexibility.
This new Multi-wavelength platform is engineered to support our new laser sources which produce 1.06 micron fiber wavelength light and 9.3 micron CO2 wavelength light as well as our traditional CO2 lasers producing 10.6 micron wavelength light.
True Class 4 Material Pass-Through Mode
When used in conjunction with an approved work environment, our versatile ILS platform is designed to accommodate laser processing of continuous materials, such as long sheet goods or rolled materials.
Universal's Camera Registration (UCR)
Universal’s Camera Registration is a combination of a camera mounted inside the laser system that locates and determines the exact positions of registration marks on printed materials and software that adjusts a predefined cut path to fit the material.
Advantages of Metal Core CO2 Lasers
|Work area||1016 x 610 mm|
|Max part size||1550 x 838 x 304 mm|
|Lens options||2.0 (51 mm) Standard / 3.0 (76 mm) / HPDFO|
|Computer requirements||PC, USB 2.0|
|Optics Protection||Air Assist Included|
|Laser options||10, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 Watts
Dual Laser Configuration Optional
|1.06um – 40, 50 Watts Single Laser
10.6um – 10, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 Watts Dual Laser
9.3um – 30, 50 Watts Dual Laser
|Power requirements||3 Phase Power|
Suitable for use with the following fume extraction
Digital Fume Extractor
230V – 0LX1510D
50/60 Hz 3.45 kW
HxWxD: 1400 mm x 725 mm x 726 mm
Weight: 150 kg
Labyrinth F8/F9 Pre-Filter – 111099
Main Filter – 110614
Connection Kit – 120287
- Air inlet
- Labyrinth Prefilter bag
- Main Filter (HEPA location)
- Main Filter (Carbon location)
- Clean air returned to workplace
- Filter locking handle
- Filter identification label
- Automatic electronic flow control – maintains a constant extraction rate even as the filter blocks
- Adjustable airflow
- VariColour filter blocked warning system (Analogue Systems)
- Clear and informative graphic display (Digital Systems)
- Gas and Particle Sensors on the exhaust (Digital Systems)
- Hose Blocked & Door Open alarms (iFume Systems)
- Low capital and running costs
- Activated carbon filtration removes harmful gas
- Quick change patented Labyrinth pre-filters deliver longer filter life
- Submicronic (HEPA) filtration removes 99.997% of particles down to 0.3 microns
- Simple to install and quiet in operation
- Easy to relocate and precision made from stainless steel